Software and Cloud Engineer-In-Training I am your next Cloud Computing Engineer. Highly-skilled and results-oriented software engineering professional bringing more than 3 years in software design and cloud computing development. Advanced knowledge of C++ and C# and promotes object-oriented approaches to real-time software development. Analytical and detail-oriented.
Liquid Pipelines System E.I.T.May 2015 – PresentTransCanada Pipelines Ltd.
- Coded shared client-server application on C# (.Net 4.6 Framework) and designed relational databases on MS SQL Server platform to maintain company’s inline inspection program. Achieved organizational recognition as the sole developer of a system-wide application.
- Directed on-boarding of new liquid pipelines to operations, ensuring complete data turnovers and prepared detailed reports concerning project specifications and activities.
- Performed inline inspection data analysis on corrosion and crack growth simulation. Developed VB and C# scripts to fast track processing of tool data.
- Consulted regularly with different stakeholders on project status, proposals and technical issues.
- Assisted in providing integrity support for transient hydraulic analysis and batch pigging operational design for new liquid pipelines.
Field SCADA Engineering InternMay 2013 – August 2014TransCanada Pipelines Ltd.
- Coded a fully automated System Backup Configuration Procedure using Perl to asynchronously replicate full SCADA HMI server configuration (256-bit encryption) and maintain compliance driven redundancy of over 250 server machines.
- Designed the System Backup Configuration Procedure to store regular backups on a central server. Ensured network load was distributed and secure. Coded the transmission of system-wide installation on Perl and Batch.
- Tested, designed and commissioned various SCADA applications and HMI Design, configured third party network interfaces (Modbus, TCP and Serial/OPC) for Pipeline SCADA, field instrumentation and various other field equipment.
- Contributed more than $150,000 towards departmental value add and ensured regulatory compliance was met.
Teaching AssistantSeptember 2014 – April 2015Faculty of Engineering and Design, Carleton University
- Courses taught: Introduction to Engineering, Problem Solving and Computers (C++), Calculus for Engineering Students, Differential Equations for Engineering Students, Multivariable Calculus and Mathematical Methods I.
- Responsible for evaluating students’ work and formal lab reports, holding weekly office hours, grading weekly lab reports and term tests and providing feedback to students.
Research InternMay 2011 – July 2011Department of Systems and Computer Engineering, Carleton University
- Researched robotic micro-controllers, sensors and embedded systems to develop wireless simulation robots to be used for graduate simulation research
- Programmed and developed an Obstacle Collision Avoiding system (OCAS) and Motor Control System (MCS) on C++ programming interface language to run the wireless robotic path simulation on an Arduino robotic micro-controller.
- Used accelerometer sensors, artificial intelligence and the global positioning system techniques to develop a mathematical model of robot positioning system on MATLAB.
- Established a strong wireless connection using Zigbee communication system powered with XBee/Pro modules to create communication between the host computers and the wireless robots.
Parts TechnicianJuly 2012 – December 2012417 Suzuki Automotive Inc.
- Assisted technicians in both the workshop and the retail side of the business with regards to automotive parts.
- Coordinated parts delivery and procurement leading to successful industry relations with companies around the Ottawa-Gatineau region.
Rotary Wing UAS – 4th Year ProjectSeptember 2014 – April 2015Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Developing a scaled prototype for a fully autonomous rotary wing unmanned air vehicle to perform air to surface video surveillance and data acquisition missions.
Education and Certifications
Engineer-In-TrainingMay 2015 – PresentAssociation of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Currently enrolled as a member in training in good standing working towards the Professional Engineer license.
Bachelor of Engineering, Aerospace (Co-op with Distinction)September 2010 – May 2015Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
- Focus of Study: Aerodynamic Propulsion and Vehicle Performance, Compressors and Turbine engines, System Design and Equipment Performance, Fluid Flow and Aerodynamics, Process and Industrial Control Systems.
Practical Stress Analysis for Design EngineersAcquired May 2014Practical Stress Analysis for Design Engineers
- Aircraft Stress Analysis for Design Engineers – Course by Jean-Claude Flabel
Honors and Awards
- Nominated for Carleton Co-op Student of the Year Award – 2013
- Krishnan Suthanthiran and Richard Kind Scholarship- October 2013
- Gerhard Herzberg Scholarship- May 2013, George Fierheller Scholarship- May 2012
- Hyman Soloway Scholarship- May 2011, Carleton University Entrance Scholarship- May 2010
- Dean’s Honor List- Academic Year 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
Hobbies and Self-Directed Research
Remote Control Aircraft Manufacturing
- 5 year RC Aircraft and Quadcopter flying experience.
- Have developed two scaled RC aircrafts both using NACA 0012 symmetric airfoil. One aircraft designed with flaperon (flaps and aileron mixing) and the other designed with delta wing (elevon – elevator and aileron mixing).
- Successful integration with LiPo battery optimization design led to increased flight time and efficiency.
Quadcopter (Drone) Manufacturing
- Have designed two successful 450 mm quadcopters capable of lifting 3kg weight (1.8kg to 2kg payload).
- Fully drawn circuit wiring diagram integrated the MPU6050 gyroscope, speed controllers and the motors into the Arduino flight controller board.
- Self-coded the flight control program on Arduino based on the gyroscope inputs including the auto tune PID gains program to ensure stable flight. Output control motor thrust from each arm.
- Currently developing the quadcopter auto-level program using input from SONAR sensors.
- Currently researching control theory algorithm for a complete automotive drive-By-wire system.
- Ongoing optimization of turbine fan and stator and rotor blade design using the Blade Element Momentum Theory.
- Designing, manufacturing and balancing blades for a smoother surface finish and minimizing vibration loads.